Italy is a relatively small country, but it is one of the most visited vacation destinations on Earth. Yet? Italy embraces its chaos and celebrates it. It is a good idea to do some research before you go.
That’s what the site is all about.
This page contains all of the Italy Explained articles I have collected that can be used as preliminary research for a trip to Italy. You can read the entire site for several days, but this page is a starting point. After you say “Hey, it’s my dream to visit Italy”,
Below are the main topics. When you are just starting out, the first section will cover general information. The next section will focus on transportation information. And finally, the last group of links covers what you can do and see in Italy. I hope you enjoy your reading and let me know if there is anything you don’t understand.
Italy Travel Planning 101: Getting Started
- Weather In Italy: Average Temperatures For Different Parts of Italy
- Italy Holidays and Festivals: Check out the schedule to see what’s happening (or adjust your itinerary accordingly)
- Creating an Italy Travel Budget: A guideline of things to consider when creating a budget for your trip to Italy
- Accommodations in Italy: There are many places to stay in Italy
- Packing Tips for Italy: Top Tips for packing for an Italy Trip
- Italian Language Tips Some tips on communicating with locals in Italy
- Italy Safety: Tips to Stay Safe (& Keep Your Valuables Secure) During a Italy Trip
Transportation: Getting to and Getting around in Italy
- How to Get to Italy: Top Tips to Find a Cheap Flight to Italy
- Transport in Italy: Overview Of Options for Getting Around in Italy
- Train Travel to Italy: Tips and Tricks for Using the Italian Train System
- Itinerary for Travel by Bus in Italy: Tips to Get Around in Italy By Bus
- Italy’s Main Cruise Ports: Information about Italy’s major cruise ports
Itinerary to Italy: Where to go, what to do, and what to see in Italy
- Creating an Itinerary for Italy: Tips to create the perfect itinerary for your Italy trip
- 2 weeks in Italy: This is a suggested itinerary that’s perfect for first-time visitors.
- One-Week Italy Trip :
- Italian Provinces: Links for individual overviews of Italy’s regions & main cities
- Where to Eat in Italy: What to Expect from Each Type of Restaurant in Italy
- Wine Tastings in Italy: Information wine lovers must know